header

History

The Cottle family has been doing business in Sacramento since 1946, Eugene and John started out at "Dos Rios Grocery Store" (on Dos Rios St. near Richards blvd.) in the 1950's Eugene got into real-estate and Marion Cottle owned "Western Upholstery" on 8232 Fair Oaks Blvd. John owned John C. Cottle's Railroad Salvage on Deeble St.near Hugh stadium

In about 1960 Eugene and Marion turned the Fair Oaks blvd. store into "Cottle Bros. Salvage".
John Cottle moved to 16th St. in the early 1960's, Eugene Cottle started Cottle's glass and screen shop in 1970 on Fair Oaks blvd. and California ave. then in 1973, he moved into the back building of Barkwood Salvage on 8232 Fair Oaks blvd. and in about 1975 he moved up to the front building, and in 1985 we branched out to 1520 Del Paso blvd.


The Fair Oaks blvd. Store ended in 1989 when Eugene retired, Rich Cottle bought the Del Paso blvd. store from Eugene in 1987 and moved to the 421 Arden Way side of the building on account of he kept getting robbed and beat up on the Del Paso blvd. side


Rich Cottle had the store for 23 years until 2010 where he moved to 3487 Orange Grove Ave. Unit A where it is today, we hope to see you there to continue the Cottle tradition, the bottom picture is of Curley Fletcher (AKA) Gilroy Cottle the father of the three sons.

Get in touch

3487 Orange Grove ave.# A, North Highlands Ca. 95660 (916) 929-1732